Read the Printed Word!

A little patriotism with my tea please


I never knew that I loved snow, I've been mostly obsessed with the beach for most of my life. But in the last few years the mystical mountains have become more and more appealing to me, maybe it's growing older. That new found desire, mixed with the 12 inches of snow Texas received, and I am all revved up for the 2o1o Winter Olympic games.

My sister Cali and I watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics with friends cheering and sharing astonishment that Canada had so much to offer. I guess we never thought too much about our neighbors to the north.When we left at 2am

My heart traveled to Vancouver last night while I watched the parade of nations. There is no time like Olympics season. Whether it’s the summer Olympics, or the winter, I watch on the edge of my seat cheering with every inch gained and every fall taken. And I’m sure the whole world has grieved with Georgia as they lost a young athlete to the dangerously fast luge track.

For the next month I will watch all the victories and defeats and pretend that I’m in Vancouver as Texas enjoys the last bit of Thursday’s snow fall! I could not feel more warm, cozy, or patriotic.

\

0 inksplots:

Post a Comment