Read the Printed Word!

I will lay me down

I live in a wonderful little town in Texas: Denton. There aren't many places in the Dallas or Fort Worth that breed creativity. When I moved home from Nashville, the difference in the freedom of the atmospheres was so apparent to my spirit. Denton really is a little college town. You can find just about every style, every language, belief, in Denton. It has been a wonderful place to live for the past year....but I am growing restless.

Don't worry, beautiful pictures are soon to follow all of these words.

At one time, I lived in Jackson, MS going to a university. My senior year, I became very, very restless. I felt like the world was dying and in need of love and I was doing nothing but going to class. I dropped out and moved to Nashville, working with a ministry loving on poor people, and being loved back by them. My soul was at rest. Now, at the University of North Texas, my battle is once again starting to go uphill and my soul remembers the days in Nashville where tests, money and jobs were never a worry as much as delivering a kind word to a mom who had just lost everything.

Just as I am starting to get established in Denton, I want to run. In my mind's eye, I see places like South Africa, South America, and somehow I think it would be so much easier to live there. I romanticize, I know. The truth is, I am right where I am supposed to be, but I am fighting the need to run off to a foreign location for an adventure in delivering love. But I keep telling myself, those who are faithful with the small things....

Here's to the small things, and to the big dreams that are around the corner. Pray that I have the strength to stay faithful.
















3 inksplots:

Michelle said...

When I was in college (and just after) I used to romanticize backpacking through Europe with a jar of peanut butter, selling jewelry if necessary. Now I occasionally romanticize running an orphanage in a 3rd world country... is it God's leading or a lack of contentment in our current state of being? Or just a hunger for adventure? hmmm... you got me thinking! :) Great post... beautiful pictures!

Isle Dance said...

What a touching post! You have the faith! You are doing a beautiful thing, educating yourself, so that you may go out into the world and help others. Take care of you, first, so we have you to help take care of others. I can't wait to hear more! Adventure is good and fun. Education is very, very important. It will also help keep you safe. Keep on keeping on!

shea beth said...

I needed the encouragement!! Thank you for both of those comments... brought tears to my little eyes!

Post a Comment